Saturday, March 3, 2012

Courage.

Courage is being brave. That's the bottom line. I recently noticed someone who isn't afraid to be brave; no matter the circumstances.
We're on vacation and even though she's clearly aware, she doesn't seem to notice the homeless that are gross or scary or weird. It's like she's never witnessed them before. But I know she has. She's had to! Hasn't she? I mean, we live in Utah and there are homeless people. I know she doesn't give every one of them money. But here, it seems like every single one we run into she runs up to them with a dollar bill in her hand and a huge smile on her face.
It reminds me of a child's innocence. Although she isn't a young child, she has the sweet, tender heart that we all long to keep throughout our lives.
I don't think I have enough courage to spend alllll of my money on Just homeless people.
I feel bad because not all homeless people are "homeless". Some could be lying. Also, most aren't just hungry. They want drugs and other things. So it's always been hard for me to give them money because I can't trust them.
I guess I should learn from her and be more courageous, but I can't. At least someone has courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticism.