Sunday, March 18, 2012

GREEN with Envy.

Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll

I can't write poems.
I've tried so many times.
Maybe I can, I just don't believe that I can.
We'll try again later.
But as for now, I'm just going to wallow in self pity.

I love this poem because Carroll uses such abnormal words.
Would I ever come up with words like brillig? Or tulgey? Or fabjous? No. Never.
I'm mad because I wish I wrote the poem. I want the credit.
This sucks.

All in all, I need help.
My goal is to be able to write a decent poem. Mmk?
But by reading this, I know I won't because the confidence I had for myself just dropped about 35 points.
Hopefully I'll get back up there..
Maybe one day.

2 comments:

  1. I hate this freaking poem. Okay, that's harsh.

    But I know what you're saying. How do these people think of some of these poems? Can I ever do it like they do? Sometimes I'm inspired, sometimes I'm defeated.

    Seems like a lot of creative people I know have the lowest self-esteems and the most insecurities. So you're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you two are coming from here. I try to write things like Carroll and end up sounding like Dr. Seuss on meth. Or something.

    "I'm mad because I just wish I wrote the poem. I want the credit."

    You and me both. And green is not a creative color btw

    ReplyDelete

Criticism.