Monday, April 30, 2012

Full Moon

You can't find the phone so you can call it off.
But it might be for the best..
Because we're awful young and we require certain skills.
We can go undercover or hideaway.
Oh. Can you hear? When I say, "I have never felt this way."
Maybe not. So I'll just stare at this sky, looking for a star.
I'd tell you how I feel but you don't care. I'd ask you to
tell me the truth but you don't dare.

Days like this I don't know what to do with myself all day and all night.
I wander the halls along the walls and under my breath I say to myself,

"I need fuel... to take flight."

Boy you make my speakers explode. Dancing on the tailgate in the full moon? Yeah that kind of thing makes me go... Mhmmm.

You're looking so good.

I don't know where I am. I don't recognize this place anymore. Don't remember anybody.
But then there comes you. To keep me safe from harm.  Here comes you, to take me in your arms.

Isn't this just a game? I don't know. You're playing me right? Like a game? Because that's what it feels like. It'd be nice to break my heart; wouldn't it? I guess it's time for me to play my cards. But once I do, you'll just come back again. To keep me same from harm.

This is just a game isn't it? You love this game. Well, I hate it. I'm tired of playing.

Take my hand and my heart will break. I'll give in to your kisses on the ground.
And let you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticism.