Sunday, May 6, 2012

Joey.

Hi. My name is Joey. I'm a dog. A husky actually. Pretty big for my size..bigger than most. I have an owner. She cares for me, but sometimes I feel like she's just going through the motions. We wake up, she lets me outside, I do my business, scratch on the door to be let in, there's food in my bowl by now, and while I'm eating she leaves for school. When she gets home, we do the same routine over again until she leaves for work. But you see, it's what goes on while my owner is away that I want to show you.

There's this little hitch in the gate in the backyard that I've somehow learned to wiggle in and out of. Beyond that gate is a world of wonders. Mysteries! I've become quite well known on the other side of that gate. Always lurking about the town. But the other day, I met someone new. Someone who has never been to town before. He is a human of course, and we took a liking to each other immediately. Tall, brown hair, dark skin, slightly freckled along the bridge of his nose. He has strong features and is very toned. Capable of being a good owner I could tell.
I started following him around. We went everywhere together. To the park; where we rolled in the long, lush grass for hours. Then he took me to the ice cream parlor and let me choose any flavor I wanted. I knew I liked him already. It's just that I couldn't get my real owners face out of my mind.

What would she do if she knew I liked this guy better?
Should I abandon her?
How would this make me feel?
What if he's dangerous? Then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticism.