Monday, February 20, 2012

I am a Coward.

Being afraid stresses me out. Yet, I can't seem to stop being afraid all of the time.

I'm afraid of turning things in late.
I'm afraid of disappointing teachers.
I'm afraid of disappointing my parents.
Being home alone at night scares me.
But being home alone with certain people scares me more.

Does that ⬆ make me a coward?
Or does this ⬇ make me a coward?

I'm afraid of losing things I have and losing things I have yet to receive.
I'm afraid of losing myself.
I'm afraid of losing the game and being disqualified.

I'm terrified that my leg will never heal.
I'm terrified of cancer even though I don't have it.
I'm terrified of dying young.
I'm terrified of becoming over weight.

Am I a coward yet?

I'm afraid that people won't like me because of my curly hair.
I'm afraid that my 2 second first impression is never good enough.
I'm afraid of seeing how pictures of me will turn out.

How about now?

You see, even though I'm so scared all the time, I'm okay.
Because being scared makes me... me.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect way to end this. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coward thing that you used for structure is superawesomecool, plus also "I'm afraid of seeing how pictures of me will turn out". What. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have total respect for you saying it, "I'm terrified of cancer even though I don't have it. I'm terrified of dying young." I wrote about the same thing but I couldnt even name it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm afraid that my 2 second first impression is never good enough. I'm afraid of seeing how pictures of me will turn out."

    I fear those things, too. I don't even know why, I just do.

    ReplyDelete

Criticism.