Sunday, February 12, 2012

Splinters and Bawling

During the day
I'm not thinking about you. 
I'm thinking about everything but you.

I don't think about you like papers think about pens
like rivers think about bends
like farmers think about hens.

I don't think about you like wood thinks about fire
like stores think about buyers
like Ms. J thinks about choir.

I don't think about you like that.

I don't think about you like basketballs think about dunks
like music thinks about funk
like my grandma thinks I'm a punk.

I don't think about you like rocks think about scissors
like feet think about splinters
like Mr. Nelson thinks about the beginners
that suck.

I don't think about you like that.

But during the night, 
while I lie awake in bed,
I'll admit to thinking about you.
I can't stop thinking about you.

I'm thinking about you like cd's think about burning
like pages think about turning
like children think about learning.

I'm thinking about you like nerds think about quirks
like girls think about jerks
like creeps think about where to lurk.

I think about you like that.

I'm thinking about you like leaves think about falling
like babies think about crawling
like I think about bawling.

I'm thinking about you like customers think about complaints
like walls think about paint
like you think about restraint.

I think about you like that.

You see, I think about you.
I think about you a lot.
I think about you like.. A Lot. 

Now will you stop asking?

1 comment:

  1. "like girls think about jerks
    like creeps think about where to lurk." hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Criticism.